About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Outdoor Wonderland

I have been doing some of my clients’ outdoor spaces – tis the season. I am enjoying looking at all the wonderful modular furniture that is available. They are constructed of several materials these days – wood, wicker, resin, polymer material, metals…. What ever floats your boat – boat – I am in summer mode. There are endless choices of style from ultra modern to European traditional. With Sunbrella practically revolutionizing the outdoor fabric industry – the possibilities are endless. I’ve been imagining being lulled by warm breezes while lying on furniture that is as comfortable as my own bed. Speaking of which – outdoor cushions have definitely come along way. While at Market in High Point, I visited the Lloyd / Flanders showroom. When I sat down on one of their pieces, I absolutely did not want to get up. Was I tired? Yes. However, the recently improved their cushions. I, for one, can attest to their scrumptiousness.

Outdoor spaces have always been important but they are climbing the importance ladder with home construction reaching new heights to connect the inside with the out. We have everything from the classic French door to walls of glass that fold or slide back to completely connect the two worlds. We have outdoor rooms that function with the same ease as a typical great room – outdoor kitchen with coordinating family room complete with fireplace. Just look.




What I love about modular furniture is that it can accommodate many, can grow over time, can be configured countless ways, and can be broken up into smaller, intimate seating arrangements for special occasions. They add texture and some add interesting shape and form to one’s outdoor world. Here are a few I love….

Tropitone





Lloyd / Flanders


If teak is your thing, Kingsley Bate has some lovely ones and I found the one below at London Teak.



Tomorrow, I’ll show you some outdoor fabrics that I am using this year. Stay tuned.

For those of you following me on Facebook, check out your gem of the week.

3 comments:

  1. I want to escape to these places - beautiful! I adore that white modular system with the green. It looks so fresh and fun! And I really like that stainless set with the robin's egg blue seating cushions. Very nice fountain in image 02 - I bet it sounds lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay love love the Tropitone red, black zebra faux bois, and cream pic. Shocking, I know. I want the view and the pool too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look perfect. l loved your outdoor cushions and I've just bought similar ones from Ballard Designs.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin