About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fire Safety

Last weekend my daughter's Daisy Troop did Fire Safety training. When the Daises take a field trip, it is essential to wear the correct clothing indicating that you are a Daisy and proud of it. Well, I was rushed and forgot her Daisy tunic. However, she is proudly displaying her favorite NFL team!

The training was comprehensive. They learned how to crawl out of a burning house....

They learned how to climb out of a window in case the doors were blocked.....


Of course, once you are out, you strike a pose!

We learned all about the training the fire staff must take.....


Lauren looks a little worried here so I ask, "Honey, what are you thinking?" "Mommy, I don't want you to be a fireman. They do scary things." We spoke awhile about that.

When we got home, Lauren hounded Jim and I to create our home fire safety plan, which we did. "I'm glad we got that settled," she said. She wasn't worried anymore.

I encourage all to have a fire safety plan and educate your children about what to do in case of fire. Your county or city should have a program to provide the education and training. It really is a matter of life or death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin