About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Wonderland Reminisce

Wow! What a snow storm we had here in the DC area. We were one of the lucky ones to receive two feet! This is the scene out of my conservatory window in the middle of the storm. Here is is the next day with the bright sunshine!


Jim, Lauren and Millie were out often while it was snowing.....







Millie hung out for short amounts of time and then..... "Please let me in!" So I did. I would dry her off and swaddle her in her blanket. Honestly, it is like have two kids!

Each time Lauren came in, her cheeks were bright red. I held my hands on them to warm her up.
On Sunday they decided to go back out to dig out the neighbors. So Lauren got all bundled up again.....

And.....

off they went to lend a helping hand.

Here are some general shots so you get the lay of the land.....

Where are the steps?

Now in Rochester, NY where I am from, this is not all that unusual but here in Northern Virginia, it's a big deal. On Saturday during the storm, the schools were closed for Monday and Tuesday! We don't have the infrastructure here to deal with this amount of snow. So the kids have a longer vacation than planned. They are bummed.... NOT!

Why is this a winter wonderland reminisce though? The last time it snowed like this was in February of 2003. Why do I remember it so clearly? We lived in a walk-up apartment then waiting for our house to be be built. Jim kept digging out the Jeep.... because I was in labor. The last time he dug out the car, he brought me down with him so he could watch me. There I sat on a bright orange bucket in the parking lot while Jim dug out the car. I didn't have a blog then so it didn't occur to me to take a photo of that... and after all I was timing the contractions.

That is one snow storm I will never forget.....


That's the storm during which time Miss Lauren came into the world. I love snow storms!

3 comments:

  1. Who knew DC would get more snow than Boston. Never expected that. It is so pretty though. Jack, was born in a snow storm in DC in 99. Funny we had similiar posts today. Reminiscing about giving birth. We lost electricity and had to go my SIL's. I had a brand new baby and it was 55 degrees in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't that crazy. Wow ~ you lost power? That didn't happen with Lauren thankfully! What is it about snow storms and babies??

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin