About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Celerie Kemble

Sorry there is no Monday's Method today. No one wrote in for advice. This gives me an opportunity to cover a designer I have long admired ~ Celerie Kemble. I am so excited that she, along with Jamie Drake and House Beautiful Editor in Chief, Stephen Drucker, will be speaking at the Washington Design Center March 10, 2010. You bet I signed up lickity split!

What I love about Celerie is her diversity ~ in her designs and her product lines.

She has developed a faux leather line with Valtekz...


A fabric line with Schumacher...


Furniture with Laneventure...


And a commercial fabric line, Fresh, with Valley Forge Textiles that is both made from recycled material and is recyclable...

Wonderful!

Celerie does not subscribe to the philosophy that one style fits all. Her designs range from contemporary, to traditional, to country chic and more ~ dependant on the client she has before her. Let's take a look at some of her work. Note that Celerie is happy with neutrals but not afraid of color, and has a fantastic touch for mixing the details and architectural elements.....













Even her tablescapes are diverse ~ from outdoor elegance to holiday chic...


Always lovely, always surprising, always very well designed.

I am so looking forward to meeting her!

Don't worry, Monday's Method isn't going any where! If you are jonesing for one or just want to read up on past advice I have given just click here.

If you have a question you would like for me to address, leave me a comment. If you would like advice about something specific to your space, send me a couple of pictures at paula@paulagracedesigns.com.

Don't forget to stop back tomorrow for Timeless Tuesday. I look forward to links of your classics!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Paula...you and I are so similiar in so many ways! I also love Celerie Kemble! The phots are awesome. I am so jealous I cannot attend the engagement!! I am hunting now for my timeless tuesday submission! Want it to be a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit tired reading her list of accomplishments! Impressive! What a delight to see the wide diversity of her work...what a great talent! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is amazing! I completely agree -- she can handle a great variety in style. Not to many people can decorate that way, with continually, such great results!

    I want to spend the day in image 09...also, curious about that dropped light in the image below -- it looks like a glass pear, perhaps? Nevertheless, it's gorgeous...

    I bet you can't wait to meet her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is one talented lady! Enjoy her talk - sounds like a great event. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin