About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thursday's Room

Today, I have an update on the tweens' rooms... In room #1, the pendants are up!

This is Mike. He's my 'Chico' except much more grumpy...

Love them! The turquoise light will function as her night stand light. It has a remote so she does not have to get out of bed to turn it off.


I love the way the light casts onto the wall. This will be particularly striking at night.

Here is the room #2...

The fan is up. I love the hand carved blades but I do not like the color. They are supposed to be a white wash. Well, they are about as yellow as they can be. The white will pop off the purple ceiling. No worries ~ I will have them painted white and perhaps add some detailing to them but I will wait until the room has more of its furnishings to determine. The art, fabrics, and wallpaper are very important elements that won't be fully appreciated until installed. I'll decide then on the blades.

The jewelry armoire and desk are placed...

as are a couple of the accessories.

Patience, patience....

So far, the girls are loving their rooms. Of course, I worked very closely with the tweens on the designs. I think they, as do many adults, had difficulty seeing the forest through the trees. I love seeing them smile with each new addition. It completely makes my day!

So far, so good??

4 comments:

  1. I am crazy about that turquoise light. It would be perfect for my daughter's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even tell you how much I love the cluster of pendants. I've actually saved the photo to keep in my inspiration folder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! I'm with Jessica, I love the pendants...and that turquoise light is fabulous! What girl wouldn't love that in her room? It's very special.

    Thanks for the sneak peak! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pendants are amazing! What a unique touch. She's going to be the envy of all of her friends!!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin