About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thursday's Room(s)

Today for Thursday's Room(s), I am featuring the work of David Mitchell, also a DC area based interior designer. I was perusing one of my favorite sights, Home & Design, and literally stumbled across this project. I studied the pictures for a bit, formulated some thoughts, and then read the article. Here are some more photos...

Here are my thoughts... what I love about this work is the soft palette which allows the individual pieces and elements to shine. But that is not what caught my eye ~ the juxtapositions did. If you read my blog, you know that I adore juxtaposition in designs. This element allows maximum interest and almost never allows redundancy (aka boring). He's masterful at this. The very first picture boasts this so well ~ note the traditional wood chair next to the contemporary side table ~ the connection?? ~ the curves! Understated voluptuous is what I would call it. Is that even possible? Yes, yes it is. The marriage of old and new find its way into each segment of his design. In the dining room, the contemporary buffet appears effortless in the traditional space. He kept the chandelier simple which amplifies the palettes airiness. You can read the article for yourself. It was fun to read after forming my own impressions. I like his philosophy which the homeowner also appreciated. My hat is off to Mr. Mitchell this Thursday. Well done, David. Well done.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, the third image is so so beautiful! (though all are) It's my favorite for the gorgeous flooring, seating, everything... thank you for sharing these lovely spaces + words!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin