About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Builder's Blunder Solved

A while back I posted about a builder's blunder... remember this? Many folks commented and gave me great suggestions but I had a plan. My client did not want to do any type of construction ~ they had had enough of that with their kitchen renovation. So naturally I thought well placed mirrors would work nicely as I would hang the new chandelier lower such that the light reflected in and off the mirror. Can you see the pattern on the door? Diamonds. The existing sheers that I used again also has a diamond pattern ~ I added the drape and area rug below to the sheer ~ you can vaguely see the diamond pattern on the sheer...

I decided to pick up on this theme and add a crescendo to the rhythm...

The gorgeous area rugs I designed are covered for the install but there you have it ~ my non-construction solution to the builder's blunder.

What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Great solution! I love the chandy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing it right in the first place is always the best solution, right? That being said I think you came up with a good way to make the best of the problem the builder created by the poor window placement without a great deal of added expense. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so beautiful Paula, the three mirrors really draw your eye up, great solution!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin