About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Friday, March 4, 2011

Classic Style

I just love Anne Hathaway. She seems like a Hollywood starlet not spoiled by the razzle dazzle that comes with her craft. She is alway impeccably dressed. Anne has such a wonderful, classic style ~ long, flowing hair, fantastic smile, and casual demeanor. She also happens to be a very good actor that has beat the odds of starting young and staying clean and focused.

Lovely, just lovely.

This dress in particular struck a chord with me. The elegance of it. It reminded me of days gone buy when women would be a bit more demure in their appearance. I appreciate that more than seeing one's bulging cleavage. Believe me, if one has breasts to flaunt, this dress will do the trick as it hugs the body and shows off Anne's curves. I find I am drawn to the classic with a modern twist. My BeautifulX2 Curio Tables (see yesterday's post) is all about just that ~ an update of a classic.

Here is the creme de la creme ~ the surprise of the backless. I adore the backless dress when the front is demure. It's a wow factor as classic as they come. This type of dress always reminds me of the touch of surprise and wow by upholstering the back of a chair in a sensational fabric while keeping the rest of the fabric simple.

It's like keeping one's make-up simple and then experiencing the pop of the ruby red lips.

For me this translates into the pop of color in a predominantly neutral room.

DENIER contemporary living room

I adore these classics especially in a modern interpretation. That's the underlining current in the furnishings I design. I'm looking forward to unveiling them piece by piece for you. I hope you enjoy it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I so agree about Anne and she seems so real. She was on Rachel Zoe's show when they were looking for a dress for an event and seemed like a really nice person. She has true class in every sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! Anne continues to be one of my favorites, and I am so happy that she remains true to herself. Her pleasant energy and great attitude combined with her classic style is stunning—great post :)

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin