About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Defrizz Hair Cocktail & Pete

Today I'm going to share a secret with you. I am completely gray. It's true. I started going gray when I was 22 years old thanks to genetics ~ dear ol' dad. I also got an analytical mind from him so its not all bad. I have friends who have that silky gray hair and have it completely natural. I envy them. I have the kinky, frizzy kind. Those that have it know exactly what I am talking about. It is not as bad as what is shown above... but pretty darn close. I color mine back to my natural color ~ the same color as my daughter's hair.

You can see in the picture above that is was before I discovered the miracle potion. With the invention of hair products that continually improve, I have perfected the defrizz hair cocktail. Seriously, I have. I have tried numerous products and several cocktails until I got it just right. Are you ready?!

addand

and you get this...

This is an exaggeration! If you have wavy hair, your hair will remain wavy just not frizzy. I have wavy hair.

Now the proportion of product is important too. Products are always telling you to use about the size of a dime. I can safely say, a dime will never cut it on this hair of mine. I started off using the recommended amounts only to have my hair laugh at me ~ which is never fun. Here's the potion...

Use the size of a large nickle or small quarter ~ equal parts of the Lanza and Bumble and Bumble Styling Lotion to fill one large nickel and then add a full nickel's worth of the Bumble and Bumble Defrizz. My hair is just below my shoulders so if you have shorter or longer hair, the amount of potion you'll need may vary. Rub all the ingredients together in your hands and then apply to ends first then work your way up to the scalp. Comb through and style. DO NOT USE A HAIR DRYER AT ALL. Let your hair dry naturally. Once your hair is dry or at least almost dry (the dryer the better), comb with a large wide tooth comb or your fingers. DO NOT BRUSH IT. It is true you will have a wet head look for a period in the morning but it doesn't look to bad. I go to my BNI at 7:30 in the morning. They have never seen me with dry hair unless I have lunch or dinner with a member.

My hair is so much healthier than when I was trying to blow it out straight AND the cocktail makes my hair soooo soft.

There you have it. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

On another note ~ many of you know I am a music lover and inspired by it all the time. I just heard that one of my all time favorite musicians/song writers has been nominated to the Song Writing Hall of Fame. He and his band, The Who, are already in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but Pete Townshend has been nominated for the honor of Song Writer's Hall of Fame.

I say ABSO... FREAKIN'.... LUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why?





Need I say more??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin