About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Shape and Rhythm Details

You've heard time and time again... Its all in the details. I agree. We've been looking at some before and during pictures of a project and then some of the details. Today's detail is about shape and rhythm ~ two elements I pay very close attention to when I design.

In the detail picture above are the table, chairs, and chandelier I selected for the kitchen. First, the chandelier and table base have contemporary lines and finished in chrome ~ a nice connection. To warm it up and mix materials and periods, I used reproduction 19th century Parisian brasserie wooden chairs. To connect the great divide in material and periods, I echoed a shape. Note the soft V-like shape of the chandelier arms and the back of the chair. The eye is drawn to the shape connection adding a lovely vertical rhythm. I love that.

Do you see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin