About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Friday, February 10, 2012

Accessorize this Room...

Salon with Custom Plaster Ceiling traditional living room


A couple of days ago, I posted this room by dSPACE compliments of Houzz and asked if you like the ceiling. Between here and Facebook, folks in general, liked the ceiling. A point made was the room could become busy when fully accessorized. I agree so I did a brief search of accessories given my thoughts on what would be lovely in the space.

Here's my thinking ~ keep the room simple. Add white, textured, architectural groupings to the shelving similar to these...



The white color and form of each piece would pop off the gray. For a splash of color on the cocktail table...


a deep red charger. And for the side table...


the same color as the charger. The accessories compliments of Global Views.

I didn't venture into pillows and art. I just pulled the ones above out of thin air really based on form, texture, and color. It would be wonderful if the homeowner had a collection of something simple to display. But for a design exercise, I love the simplicity of the accessories above.

How would you accessorize in this room?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful choose of accessories. For pillow
    fabrics I would keep it simple as well.
    Simple, non-bold patterns but rich color and
    texture.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin