About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Delicious Guacamole

We love guacamole. Tonight we're getting together with friends and I made my wonderful guacamole. Then I thought... 'I'll share my recipe with all my friends.' The original recipe came from foodnetwork.com but I changed it to better suit my family's taste. Is that a picture of my guacamole.. well, no. My batch is in a not so pretty Tupperware container in the refrigerator but it looks an awful lot like the picture above! It is a very easy recipe....

6 nicely ripe avocados
1 lime juiced
1 lemon juiced (half juiced to add; half juiced to pour on top)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 sweet onion (such as Vadalia or Mayan) diced
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon for topping chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 tablespoon dried plus 1/2 teaspoon)
2 cloves garlic minced

Halve the avocados and spoon out meat. Mash with potato masher (that is Lauren's favorite part). Fold in all remaining ingredients well.

At this point you may place in a container and refrigerate. It is best to let the flavors marry for at least one hour.

When you are close to serving, take it out of the refrigerator and bring up to room temperature. Place in serving bowl and top with juice of 1/2 a lemon and chopped cilantro.

Serve with pita chips or veggies (such as baby carrots, sliced cucumber, and baby sweet peppers).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin